Yverdon-les-Bains is a commune and city in the canton of Vaud, Switzerland. Located 60 km from Bern, on Lake Neuchâtel.
Watch camera online in Yverdon-les-Bains
During Roman rule, the city was called Eburodunum, later simply Yverdon, the commune changed its name to Yverdon-les-Bains in 1981, reminding that the place is the center of thermal springs.
The city is also famous for its castle (Château d'Yverdon), which was built between 1260 and 1270. to protect the city. The dukes of Savoy lived in the castle, then, after the conquest of the city by Bern in 1536, the governors appointed by Bern. In 1805, the city buys the castle and creates an institute there under the patronage of Johann Pestalozzi. Since 1830, the castle also has a city museum.